Saturday, October 1, 2011

Reaching my goal

Hi, my name is Blaine.  I'm in 4th grade and I'm on a quest to reach 100 AR points for reading.  If you don't know what AR is, it is a program (Accelerated Reader) that tests you on the books you have read to see how well you understood them.  So far this school year, I have 16.7 points.  My mom made a bet with me that if I make 100 points she would pay me 100 dollars.  And if I don't make 100 points, I said I will give my sister 5 dollars.

So, this is where I am going to keep track of the books I have read and how I am progressing towards my goal of 100 points.

I went to the library today and I checked out the following books:

Vordak the Incomprehensible: How to Grow Up and Rule the World

Liar, Liar

Flat Broke

Spaceheadz 2

and I also checked out Meanwhile, even though it isn't an AR book, it's awesome and you get to make your own paths through the story. 

Oh, I'm also reading Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, but my mom owns that one so I didn't check it out from the library.

I also like to make my own comics, called Ultra-Blaine.  I'll scan some of those in for you all to see someday soon.  They are really cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment